1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Josh Hamilton relapses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Feb 2, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/7535200/texas-rangers-outfielder-josh-hamilton-relapse-alcohol

Wow. I know the Rangers had gone to a lot of lengths to help keep him alcohol free. I hope he gets back on the wagon and puts this behind him.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

Re: Josh Hamilton allegedly relapses

the rangers are fools if they give him a long-term deal. should've gotten prince when they had the chance and before boras conned detroit into that ridiculous contract.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The Rangers should hire Theo Fleury's accountabilty partner to look after Hamiton, or Hamilton should hire his own instead of needing the team to do it for him.

I'm just waiting for the next feature on Hamilton where he says he won't touch alcohol again.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'll be incredibly saddened if this report turns out to be true. By all accounts, this guy has busted his ass to control his demons. Unfortunately, sometimes even that isn't enough. Hope he gets his support system back into place and can move on from this.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I question if this even needs to be "reported" on, unless he did something to the point where the police needed to file a report.

The guy has his demons...he relapsed...we all do things we may or may not regret that others see as wrong. So be it.

6. Magnum

Magnum Member

Accountability partner. Interesting job title. Do you just basically follow the athlete around everywhere when he's not on the ball field? Do you have to keep him entertained, too? Not trying to be a smartass. Just curious how exactly this works. Seems awfully time-consuming.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I hope it's not true.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Rangers acknowledging the matter at all seems like a pretty clear indication that it is true.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Being serious, and not being a dick here: I would want to have a drink also if one of my tossed ball into the stands that led to the death of some kid's father.

Who are we to judge why he was drinking.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I agree with this.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's baby-sitting. Theo Fleury's sitter had a $200k deal.

More details fom the Dallas Morning News.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/02/source-rangers-josh-hamilton-h.html

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It wasn't a home run, was it? Didn't he toss the guy the ball and miss, causing the guy to lean over the railing for it?

Draft saved Draft deleted