1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Josh Hamilton is back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CollegeJournalist, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I picked him up. And dropped Wilson ".053" Betemit.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i drafted him in my keeper league, and had him in the lineup each of the last two days -- and will have him there tomorrow, as well

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That would be a great story, like Greinke in the American League.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hamilton has potential to be a much bigger story, in my mind.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing on that. Hamilton's story has been years in the making.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Greinke had disorders beyond his control. Josh Hamilton chose to destroy his life.

Just sayin...

7. Msaint

Msaint Member

If you have a free spot/a bum taking up a roster spot, he's worth it, IMO. Playing behind a brittle Griffey could be worse, and even if Griff stays healthy, Narron could move Dunn to 1st over Hatteberg and make room for Hamilton.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

How do you know what is a choice and what isn't? How can you say unequivocally that one is a disorder and the other isn't?

I think the gray matter presents a lot of gray area,

9. Msaint

Msaint Member

according to rotoworld:

Getting a start in place of Ken Griffey Jr., Josh Hamilton homered in a second straight game and doubled Wednesday against the Diamondbacks.

Being limited to three plate appearances over a week and a half did nothing to cool off Hamilton's bat. The homer came on a terrible hanging breaking ball from Brandon Medders, but Hamilton still showed impressive strength in muscling it out to the opposite field. The Reds may have to give Ryan Freel another day off this weekend, assuming they're still not willing to use him at second or third.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I hate making excuses for people, but Hamilton's parents caused a lot of the issues he had. He won't blame them, but the people who grew up and played ball with him (who I have talked to), have blamed them. Also, addictive personalities can be passed down, can't they.

I just don't think he "chose to destroy his life."

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

according to the cincinnati post, who was actually at the game and, i assume, asked hamilton about it:

and no way dunn plays 1st. what's more likely is freel returns to super-sub role and hamilton's in center

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Is what Hamilton could give you more than what Freel could? Or does Freel still play essentially every day like he used to?

And could Hamilton not learn to play first base?

Draft saved Draft deleted