1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jose Canseco skips celebrity boxing match, sends twin brother Ozzie instead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What a bizarre thread jack.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm not proud to say that I think you're talking about the British Bulldogs.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

No, the Harts took the titles away from the Bulldogs.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You are correct, sir. A match that was famous for being the last straw of tolerance by Jack Tunney for the dastardliness of Danny Davis and for Dynamite Kid literally being carrried out to the ring by Davey Boy Smith because Dynamite had blown his back out and couldn't even walk, much less actually perform.

And the Bees would always beat every tag team champion in non-title matches, whether it was Beefcake/Valentine, the Harts, and Demolition. Then they'd lose the title matches. I'd always hoped for a Bees/Bulldogs match, and I think there was a house show once that had them. But I've never seen any other mention.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Some rare footage here of the Rockers winning the belts from the Harts.....although it was never shown on TV as intended and the WWF decided that the titles had not changed hands after all. The Rockers were never acknowledged as champions and the Harts went on to lose (their second reign) to the Nasty Boys.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Hilarious!

Draft saved Draft deleted