1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jose Canseco skips celebrity boxing match, sends twin brother Ozzie instead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

It works in soap operas all the time.

2. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

This is like that movie The Prestige, except with much lower stakes.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't think Madonna remembers all the guys she banged this week.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These guys don't see what the big deal is.

5. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

So which one is really on Celebrity Apprentice?

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

So was Ozzie really the one banging Jose's hotass ex-wife?

Google at your own risk.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One of my favorite tag teams of my youth. Always hated that they never got a run with the tag belts, especially considering some of the dreck that has held those belts through the last 15 years or so.

And it makes you wonder. After Jose hurt his arm, maybe Ozzie subbed for him on a few occasions? After his six-plus years in Oakland, there was a relative power dropoff. He had 30 or more homers five times in his six full years in Oakland. But he only did it three times in the 10 seasons that followed.

8. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Yes. Ozzie appeared on the season of Surreal Life that Jose was part of. They did a softball game against celebrity impersonators, and Ozzie of course dressed as Jose. Some of the cast members commented specifically about the blinking thing.

I am embarrassed to have sufficient knowledge to have typed that last graph.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I always thought the Bees beat the Hart Foundation for the titles once, but nope. The combined might of Google and Wikipedia done proved me wrong.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nope. Strike Force dethroned the Harts and were in turn knocked off by Demolition.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, I remembered the Bees beating the Hart Foundation using the switcheroo tactic, but it was in a non-title match.
    Also read a funny item in their Wikipedia entry about the time one of the Bees was unavailable at a house show and SD Jones subbed in. They used the switcheroo and the ref still acted like he couldn't tell who was who.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sounds hilarious. Would have been more so if the ref had been either Dave or Earl Hebner.

Draft saved Draft deleted