1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jose Canseco said he introduced ARod to steroid dealer in a new book.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 26, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He insists he was blackballed unfairly by MLB. Has he proven that? No.

He insists A-Rod tried to get in his wife's pants (Ok, I kinda buy that one, but it hasn't been proven).

There's two without even reading his book.

Try again.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Mike Francessa has lost every shred of credibility he ever had.
    On WFAN today he was saying that Canseco should be elected to the Hall of Fame because his steroid allegations have proven true, changing the game forever.

3. Tony Gonzalez of the Chiefs was supposedly banging the ex-Mrs Canseco as well.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Oh, I see what you're going for now.

Canseco: "I'll implicate A-Roid and then, a year or so from now when A-Roid is pinched and admits to his drug use, I'll be vindicated! muahahahahaha......"

oop: "I'll say Canseco is full of shit and, if evidence isn't immediately shown that proves every last thing he says, I'll be right! And if evidence does emerge that proves some of what he says, in spite of my declaration that he's a liar with zero credibility, I can get around it by pointing out all the things he said that haven't come true yet! muahahahahaha......"

Fail.

5. outofplace

Also, check out the thread title. Have we seen any evidence of Canseco introducing Rodriguez to a steroid dealer? Or having any direct knowledge that A-Rod used?

It is every bit as likely that Canseco had heard rumors about Rodriguez and that was good enough for him because it suits his two stated agendas -- getting revenge on the teams in MLB for daring to not pay him to play as long as he damn well pleased and to take down A-Rod for getting a little too friendly with the now-former Mrs. Canseco.

Canseco was never a trustworthy source and there are plenty of things he said that have not been proven.

Look at yourself to see the Fail, Double J.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

and how many lawsuits have been filed because of these supposed lies?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember hearing Canseco on The Dan Patrick Show after he failed to latch on with a team several years ago and complaining that he'd been black-balled. He then went on to say he was going to write a book about all the players who were juicing in the game. Dan Patrick and Dibble's response? "Don't do that Jose, really, don't do that to the game."

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Misery does love company. Jose was telling the truth all along but no one believed him.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

oop, your words on this thread are the written equivalent of the sounds made by Charlie Brown's teacher.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

ditto.

11. outofplace

I'm sorry. I'll keep the concepts simpler for you next time.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sure thing, champ. Give it a try when the shrooms wear off.

Draft saved Draft deleted