1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jorts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah when I was in high school 20 years ago, there was nothing less cool than flared jeans and trucker hats. But those came back, too.

About the only fashion trend from my youth that's never re-surfaced is parachute pants.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd say I lived in a backwater growing up, but I didn't move to the deep south until college. Maybe I was somewhere else a few years behind the times.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I was in college in a large city in the northeast.

4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I wear jorts (almost all "urban" brands) if I'm wearing a top without a collar. If there's a collar involved, I'm scrambling for khakis or the white/insert-color-here plaid shorts that seem to have emerged as the most viable No. 1A or No. 2 option.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I thought about plaid shorts earlier as an alternative for Wicked, but they sort of have to be the right kind and worn with an appropriate shirt. I was wondering how many men here own them.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think girls can still pull them off.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

And that's unfortunate, because there's no other fashion accessory that looks quite as cool with bandanas tied around each leg.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Got a few pairs of those, but they're pretty low on the flamboyant scale, and I'm careful to only wear solid shirts with them. It's kind of a golf thing.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Dear Lord, please tell me what gender that object on the left might be. Or species. Your choice.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It's obviously an advanced species as it has elected to enhance the outfit with a belt. This ensemble has suddenly been dressed up with a simple, classic touch.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's actually a dead snake.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I wonder how old that photo is. Florida hasn't worn orange jerseys with any regularity since the Galen Hall days ...

Draft saved Draft deleted