1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jorts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Apr 21, 2011.

1. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

The Reno 9-11 guy?

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Again, I've got to disagree. I was in college in the mid-late 80s and people wore them then.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Lieutenant Dangle? That's even worse than I thought. Wicked couldn't possibly roll like that, could he? I thought those shorts were primarily for men attempting to accentuate their crotch area.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We talking jorts or cut-offs? Like someone else said, it's two different things.
    I remember cut-offs when I was a little kid in the 80s. Don't really remember jorts -- the jean shorts made to be jean shorts, not a converted pair of long pants -- popping up until I was in high school in the early 90s.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The real reason Miami doesn't want Frank Martin.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I never owned jorts during my long stay in Arkansas. Cut-off shorts? Completely different story.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Jorts. Real jorts, not cutoffs.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Bless this thread for the simple pleasure of making me crack up every time I just see the word "jorts."

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Full disclosure - I owned jorts in the late 80s - a pair of Calvin Kleins and a pair of Guess ones. Guys used to think they were hot. :-*

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

These are probably tight-rolled cutoffs rather than true jorts, but it's still a fabulous picture ...

[​IMG]

11. I've found that for whatever reason black people can wear jorts without the stigma that white people have. Maybe people just assume it's "urbanwear."

In any case, if it's any consolation to the originator of this thread, EVERYTHING that is currently uncool will become cool again someday, and everything cool will eventually be uncool. Just wait long enough.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

This reminds me of the Budweiser "Real men of genius" jorts commercial. Which came out in 2004. I found the lyrics, but can't download the audio anywhere.

http://budlight.whipnet.com/lyrics/jean.shorts.html

Draft saved Draft deleted