1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jordan/Pippen vs. James/Wade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 14, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Uh, Kobe never played for the Suns. Unless you're talking about him getting drafted by them?

2. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Holy shit.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What Kobe did against Phoenix is not nearly as bad as what Pippen did in Game 3 of the 1994 playoffs against the Knicks. It's not even close.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about Kobe refusing to shoot in the second half of Game 7 against the Suns in 2006, which touched off all sorts of "Kobe tanked" talk, including from Barkley. (Teh Google says Kobe had 23 points and the Lakers trailed by 15 at halftime, then he took all of three shots in the second half and scored one point.)

5. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Yeah, Kobe tanking an elimination game isn't nearly as bad as Pippen sitting in the final seconds of a game the Bulls won. Not even close.

And I'm not even going to respond to Dick anymore. He's intentionally being wrong, just to prove whatever point he has swimming around in that head of his.

6. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Well, yeah.

Also, Bryant got drafted by the Hornets, not the Suns, and then traded to the Lakers.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You're being a douche

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You've got to be kidding me.

9. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

It's a gift he has.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I can't wrap my head around the statement that Pippen wasn't "quick" enough to guard Wade. Who do you think guarded MJ in practice for 10 years?

The comparrison here isn't a game of 2 on 2 btw. It's who is the more dynamic duo.

Pippen is probaly the best help defender in the last 30 years, for what it's worth. That's a big part of the game too.

11. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Pippen learned help defense from Adolph Rupp at Kentucky.

12. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

I don't know how old you are, but Adolph Rupp coached at Gonzaga.

Draft saved Draft deleted