1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones, you're slipping

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Apr 11, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Dude, seriously, there's a two-day interview with Halle Berry to be had, and you let Tom Chiarella walk away with it? And, he gets to let her write the piece? I'm sorely disappointed. OK, not sorely, but disappointed nonethless.

As an aside, can you visit whoever places the address label on the cover and kick them in the sack? Just sayin'

2. Dedo

Dedo Member

I thought the same thing. But I have to give him credit for turning me on to the Weakerthans in the last issue, though. I've been listening to those Canadian fellas for the past month or so, and I'm really digging their stuff.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And where the hell is my magazine? I got the first three and nothin in two months...

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem. Go to esquire.com and let them know. I was contacted within a day and apparently the problem has been fixed.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I haven't gotten this month's yet. What the fuck? I had April's by the end of the first week of March.

6. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

That Halle Berry thing was idiotic.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Postal service in AL was running low on oats for the horses. Give it a couple more days ;D

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I thought it was quite good. Not great, but at least it was something different.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Just look at the pictures then.

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I didn't think so at all. It got me to read the whole thing. I usually only read the profiles on celebs I like ... I likely don't read it if it's just a straight profile.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

I haven't seen this damn issue yet, either, so I reserve comment.

However, I would just like to say this: While I pride myself on good nights out, I am no match for Chiarella. If any of you ever get the invite to hit the town with that magnificent man, make sure your will is in order, buy a cemetery plot, and go.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Does he do that donkey show you wow the crowds with?

Draft saved Draft deleted