1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones says ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Sep 14, 2006.

1. joe

joe Active Member

More majestic than you can imagine. As we speak, they're gouging that shit off the Sistine Chapel's ceiling and preparing to put my visage there in all my mustachioed glory.
    And I will be in Las Vegas.

2. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

When's Vegas? Maybe I can go and tell some stories about Joe in the old days, if you consider the early '00s the old days.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

It's NCAA championship weekend, around March 30-April 2 or thereabouts.

4. joe

joe Active Member

And maybe I can tell stories about you losing your ass at craps. Quid pro quo, gopher.

5. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Losing? You mean taking the fuckers for all their worth? Well, OK, maybe not all their worth, but the last time I played in Peoria, I beat those kiddie rapers out of $3,900 with the dice.

The table was full and this beautiful, beautiful human being rolled for over an hour. The pit bosses were shitting themselves. They ran out of quarters -- OUT OF THEM -- before they could get a fill. They'd drop blacks and you had to give them change.

By the end of the roll, there were suits everywhere, sweating ballistics. Unfortunately, I was betting conservatively at first, but I'd estimate that the table easily took the place for $100k just on that roll. The guy rolled 11 hard ways and a couple of guys had the max of $250 bet on each, sweeping a cool $2,500 every time doubles came up.

I'll give you a lesson if I'm not covering basketball by then.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Finally, finally, finally got the Esquire in the mail today. Jones pegged Nye's to a tee, even the Clapp Towers. He wasn't kidding about the shitter that had only a passing acquaintance with closing.

Draft saved Draft deleted