1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones on Chris Snow in Esquire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Jan 9, 2007.

1. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Excellent piece of writing. ;D ;D

2. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Great story. Tremendous read. Extremely inspiring, as well, for someone like me, especially amongst all the bleak stories I hear/see everywhere else.

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Jones, please come and address your legion of fans.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Where are the knee pads?

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It seems as if Jones was writing it with the SportsJournalists.com brethren in mind; many of the questions that we had, even some that were 'inside baseball', were addressed.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Mr. Jones

Ignore the sycophants. You suck.

:D

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thank God someone around here has a little perspective.
    You'd think this Jones hack was somebody special the way you fools are drooling all over yourselves.
    Just another freakin' Canuck who you people think is hot shit.

:D ;D

You know the deal, Chris. When you get to NY, the first couple are on me.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

Hey, thanks guys... Even Boom, who is capable of some awesome head when he feels up to it. I mean, to the hilt.

I must admit, this story wouldn't have happened without Ess-Jay. There was a thread on Chris when he was hired by the Globe, and another when he left for the Wild. I wouldn't have known of him but for those threads... That planted a seed. Talked about it with my editor, and he decided it might be worth taking a look at him.

For what it's worth, I thought Chris was a very good guy -- I wasn't sure what he would be like after reading what some people wrote here. But I enjoyed spending time with him. And I have to say, hopefully without sounding like I'm bragging, you haven't lived until you've watched a hockey game from the team box. Easily -- and I mean, by a million miles -- the most fun I've had watching a game in years. (Any of you who get to deal with Doug Risebrough regularly should count yourselves lucky.) After that, I understood entirely why Chris made the decision he made. I'm not sure how many sportswriters would make that same move. Sometimes I think we all would. Sometimes I think very few.

Either way, glad you guys liked the story.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Effin' egomaniac.

:)

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

Fuck.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

Fuckity-fuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted