1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones' mag picks Scarlett

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Del_B_Vista, Sep 29, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

For those of you who are at work:

[​IMG]

She's cute. Wouldn't say sexiest woman in the world, but def smokin.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

She reminds me of Hilary Duff.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In this case, still photography does her injustice. Watch The Swimming Pool ...

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I'm glad you said that because I was just about to post how I am NOT a fan of that photo.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

She's much better looking than Duff, though I don't see "the most beautiful woman on the planet."

Different, uh, strokes for different folks, I suppose.

6. I feel the same way; not the sexiest woman on the planet. Pretty, yes.

I like Rachel McAdams myself.
    [​IMG]

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

She needs to stay out of the sun.

8. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

How anyone but Jessica Alba could be considered for this title is beyond me.

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

She'll get it next year. Scarlett is sexy in a very all-American sort of way...a curvy blonde with blue eyes.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What has she done since then? Swimming Pool is a few years old now, isn't it?

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

According to imdb, she was in the remake of Peter Pan, and in nothing else in English.

12. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

I hope so. If for nothing else than to preserve the credibility of these important designations.

However, what are your theories on criteria for such a nomination? Scarlett is younger than Alba (21 to 25, respectively). Would hit movies factor into the decision, or is the fact that Scarlett has Black Dahlia out now a consideration?

I suppose Scarlett's career has more hits (Lost in Translation, Dahlia) than Alba (Sin City, Fantastic Four). I guess what I'm asking is, Why are we confident Alba will get it next year?

Draft saved Draft deleted