1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones' mag picks Scarlett

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Del_B_Vista, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I would normally give her the benefit of the doubt, and the movie overall was not very good.
    But a lot of that noir dialogue is very stylized. It's a characteristic of the genre.
    If you want to see noir done really well, check out 'Brick' from 2005.
    Great movie and cool, different take on the genre.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm gonna make the sportsboy add 'Brick' to his netflix cue. This is the second time you've hyped that one, and I normally like the genre.

3. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

My wife called it from the first part. Gotta congratulate her. Though which issue is this in? My latest was the 100 issue and it wasn't revealed.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I called it as well. Yay me!

And yes, Mizzou loves him some Ludivine.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Right now Charlize Theron is naked on the TV.

Could do without all the cuts, though.

6. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Very underrated Pacino role.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Do you think it was because it was such a well known story that it was just bound to be a letdown or sorts, or was it poor simply because it was poor?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Probably a little bit of both. Other than the murder itself, there's nothing really factual about it. The suspects are made up, as are most of the other characters.

And it's just not well-written . . . at all. Things were just so incredibly implausible that it drove me nuts. It had a GREAT cast. It should have at least been well-acted, and I really didn't feel that it was.

Hilary Swank, apparently, is quite hot in it, or so I was told the other day.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've never thought highly of Josh Hartnett. He's a good looking guy, so I understand why he gets work, but he always seemed like just a dumb and vapid.
    I thought he came off the best in 'Black Dahlia.'
    Swank, Johansson and the guy who played the police partner were all bad.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ludivine ... damn!

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Oh man... No kidding...

I love Scarlett... She can have the US title... Ludivine Sagnier is the best looking woman on the planet... Just google her name and make sure you're not at work...

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's because Hillary Swank sucks. Over-rated! clap, clap, clapclapclap

Draft saved Draft deleted