1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones gives good blog?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Mar 29, 2012.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Of course he's reading this thread. Most attention he's gotten since his wife wrote about what an asshole he is (thanks LTL!) and he got Gawker sued for $10 million. Man's on a serious life roll.

"I'll just say I whiffed."—John Cook.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey Jones sorry about the flack that you have gotten as a result of the article. It was very entertaining and thought provoking. Much more interesting than learning about the proper shaving technique, Manhattan of the month or latest dress shoe. I give you credit for putting yourself out there.

I'm curios, when you got the assignment were you at all concerned about how ESPN would feel, given their well documented problems with sexism?

3. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I am not a sychophantic bro.

I am a proud member of Fenian's Ilk.

What a fuckstick.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Jones, I know this is serious for you. But if Nick Denton deigns to respond, will you share?

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

My guess is that second entry was Denton's response. I hope I'm wrong.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The Möbius strip of hipster commentariat meta-irony remains unbroken. Like Whitesnake swallowing its tail.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

That post suggests at least 87 percent literacy. Once again, Cook et al. go forth without fact checking.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Sure. I'm guessing he won't, but we'll see.

But yes, today's Gawker post—another great advertisement for the Weakerthans and my moobs—came after I sent that email. I also had an exchange with Daulerio this morning, so who knows?

9. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

I was planning on suing for defamation about their ridiculous claims regarding my literacy. However, my lawyer says that I'll need to sign more than a giant X in order to file the claims.

10. Doris

Doris New Member

I sympathize with Jones on keeping family out of it although he did out his brother's affair in a Tiger Woods column.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Seems like you kind of have the right to discuss your own family, no?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You registered an account to post this?

Draft saved Draft deleted