1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones gives good blog?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Mar 29, 2012.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Fitter,

I think anyone who matters would consider the source and dismiss it. Drive-by sliming. It comes out in the rinse. I've had nuisance shit to deal with. Living well and writing well are the best revenge.

YHS, etc

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Treated myself to a late sleep this morning on my mattress stuffed with money. Then rubbed my National Magazine Awards against my chest. Felt pretty good.

Emailed Nick Denton this morning, just to see if he could explain to me how that post was okay, because I'm curious what his answer would be, but other than that, I'm leaving it alone. Pretty much. Maybe.

Was interested to see John Cook's history of journalism when writing about wives and children. (Thanks pseudo!) What he told the LA Times about his Schwarzenegger Love Child misfire, which was a super classy venture: "I'll just say I whiffed and I'm obviously quite embarrassed about it and wish we hadn't published the story the way we did."

Asked Daulerio the status of that defamation suit. Got weirdly huffy.

Think I might go outside and marvel at how big my house is.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

You should find John Cook and just beat his ass relentlessly.

Then rub both National Magazine Awards in his bloody chest.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Oy. McPoyle Cook and his minions with the super-awesome burn!!!!!11111ONE11!!!!

http://gawker.com/5897829/male-journalists-have-epic-bro-down-super-hot-girls-are-the-coldest-fish-gawker-has-no-code

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Christ. Ask AJ Daulerio an innocent question about a defamation suit, and he goes all... Well, he just remains what he is.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

AJ Daulerio is _____________.

Could make this thread kinda epic.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, John Cook appears to be as miserable and insufferable in real life, with people he's supposed to care about, as he is on the Internet. His wife, Allison Benedikt, wrote something that caused a stir awhile back about being disillusioned about the Zionist movement after a life spent learning about its virtues.

http://www.theawl.com/2011/06/life-after-zionist-summer-camp

The article itself was controversial but well-reasoned. But a lot of the back-and-forth focused on just what a prick Cook was -- with her parents, with her sister, with anyone who dared to disagree with him about Israel as the root of all evil. There's a good amount of commentary out there appraising him as "unpleasant" or "douche" or something equally flattering.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

And on the other side we have Chris Jones, who I'm still waiting on to collect the $100 in alcohol I owe him for the 2008 election.

I know which side I'm on.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Cook is reading this thread, according to his Twitter feed.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

And I take umbrage to his claim everyone on this board is a semi-literate sycophant bro.

I'm at least 60 percent literate.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sorry. I bring down the average.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He didn't claim that. He only agreed with it.

I am, however, a hater. A label I wear proudly.

Draft saved Draft deleted