1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones gives good blog?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Fuck 'em, Jones.

They specialize in putting people in the position you're describing.

That game is rigged. But you cannot lose if you do not play.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Really sucks what Gawker wrote but it is kind of funny that Esquire asked a writer who has been out of the sexual fast lane since 2003 to write a critical story on female performance in bed. Jones either has a great memory or videos of his single days. Maybe the women of 2012 bring less sexual hang-ups to bed and its better than Jones thinks.

I would imagine that his story caused a bit of a stir in Bristol although it's probably not water cooler material for fear that the ESPN sexual harassment
    police are listening in.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Chris,

You and your wife might want to speak to a lawyer about possibly bringing a defamation suit on her behalf. She is certainly not a public figure. She was defamed my Mr. Cook's untrue statements. Defamation cases are notoriously bad cases and usually brought for some ulterior score-settling purpose, but this could be the exception that proves the rule. I wouldn't be surprised if a good lawyer would be interested in representing your wife.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

http://www.observer.com/2009/03/gawker-hires-john-cook/

Is it OK for me to say John Cook looks like a McPoyle brother?

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think that is horrible advise. It seems like it might be worse to bring more notoriety and attention to the whole affair. Imagine the publicity that it would bring that ESPN's back page columnist is suing Gawker.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He's like if Dexter and the McPoyle sister had a baby.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Seems to me if you really wanted to take a swing at Jones, the sex story itself would give you plenty of ammo. I have to believe that anyone who writes about that has to expect a little chaos, yes?

I'm just bewildered that anyone could read that and a) deduce Jones was referring to his wife, and b) lacking any such reference, just pretend.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's just wrong.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Thanks everybody. All is well. I have much to be thankful for. In the words of our greatest poet laureate, David Lee Roth, might as well jump.

And can I say, in public and all mushy like, that Ace's real-life identity is a mystery to me, but he has been a singularly good presence here for a very long time, and I wish him the very best.

Ace, I love you for what you stand for.

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Sorry this happened, Jones.

All I can say is that I never look at Gawker unless someone here or Romenesko makes a big deal out of something they do.

Draft saved Draft deleted