1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones, get Esquire's Web site updated

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So I can post a link to your essay about (almost) punching Jericho.

Outstanding as always.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Indeed. I loved it.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Oh, I punched Jericho, a few times and hard. I just didn't want to be that specific about my law-breaking in print.

And I've threatened to punch out the Web staff.

Lucky for you two, by being nice you've saved yourselves from the perpetual beatdowns I plan on dishing between now and the night my teeth finally get knocked out.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I have to say, I and my girlfriend enjoyed that piece, and I the entire issue, very much indeed.

Fine work sir.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Is this in the genius issue?

And a hoozah and kudo to whomever picked Dr. Chris Adrian as one of the best and the brightest. Maybe the single smartest human being I've ever had to interview. Dude's so smart, it makes calling him a genius almost dumb.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes it is, right up front.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Bring it, big boy. I'm a smartass. I'll say make me. And you won't. ;D

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I like that Jones blames BLOGS for him wanting to beat up people. He has a point. He does.

I also like the way they rate the danger-to-your-health factor of various activities by awarding each from 1-5 Keith Richards heads. Smoke pot, one Keith Richards head. Get sunburned a lot, five Keith Richards heads. Hell, Esquire says smoking pot may be good for you. Who knew?

I like that Granger wrote about how he's now wearing a white shirt every day. But on his column sig on a different page, he appears to be wearing a striped one. It's small, but it looks like blue-and-white stripes to me. Liar, liar, expensive pants on fire.

Draft saved Draft deleted