1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones' book

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bristol Insider, Mar 12, 2007.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm enjoying the book so far. i'd never have bought it i hadn't "known" jones from SportsJournalists.com.

call me a filthy degenerate but when i read the poop section combined with learning that they sleep shrouded in a sleeping bag in a capsule-like thingie made me wonder if they ever um, you know, jerk off up there?

it seems like a long time to go without any release. i'm thinking this question may have been a little too intimate for jones to have brought up though.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hear that is what weeds out most potential astronauts. They find out they can't jerk off for a week and they go into the submarines or something.

That's why they had to start having female astronauts.

Fact.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I think it was Hemingway who responded, when asked how to write, by saying, "You just roll a sheet of paper in the typewriter and bleed."

So it must be asked, Jones: Is your approach to plug a jump drive into your USB and poop?

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Jones writes like it's a bodily function. And he poops like he writes. The odd thing about it is that I wish I was half as full of shit as he is.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Can't they just jerk off during a spacewalk? Your weiner doesn't need oxygen, does it?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

C'mon, Meat. Think.

You whack off in space and the next pass around you're gonna have jism splatter all over your windshield. I don't think the space shuttle has wipers.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I figured that Earth's gravitational pull would bring it down. You ever get crapped on by a bird you never saw? Well there you go.

8. silentbob

silentbob Member

I'm also reading The Tender Bar right now.
    Great writing, but please tell me it picks up soon.
    I'm 60 pages in and the story has gone nowhere.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

mine needs oxygen

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I can vouch for the fact that it is possible to rub one out on a submarine.

Buddy of mine told me about it :)

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

This is going on my Amazon wish list. Can't wait. And in a similar vein, I'm also looking very much forward to reading the book below. I saw the author on C-SPAN over the weekend and he was entertaining as hell... or heaven. Anyway, if any of you have read it I'd like to know your thoughts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0393062244/ref=wl_it_dp/102-5600869-0422517?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1PUKOM3XWEEG&colid=2EPQ9WUUGEFPN

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This thread, like Jones, is the shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted