1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Stewart vs. Bill O'Reilly

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bristol Whipped, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The birthing process of the common American troll (Idiotus knuckledraggus) is seldom a pretty sight.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Of course! The war card!!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/02/palin-leery-of-obamas-war-card.html?wprss=44

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Possibly one of the dumbest things she's said in the past two days. And that statement had a pretty long list of dumb things to top.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Outside of politics or adopting the role of a public personality (i. e. having drones do most of your scutwork for you . . . ) . . . I wonder how the hell she
    could function in public on a day-to-day basis.
    It's laughable.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'd think the fact that he taught Constitutional Law means he knows a hell of a lot more about the Constitution than the people who say he's not eligible to be President.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's fitting Palin wrote on her hand, since she appears to have a 6th grader's intellect.

8. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I don't understand the conservatives' enduring affection for Sarah Palin...honestly I don't. Well, maybe I can see it in a 'rallying the troops' kind of role, but as a serious politician?

She's just not intelligent. Seriously, it's pretty obvious.

I do not get it. I can think of plenty of other conservative candidates who are intelligent and way more accomplished.

10. That's what I've been saying for months and months and months. I've asked the question a million times.

I think the answer is simple. They think she's electable. They think she's an easy sell to "the base." Mostly because she's attractive. There's no way that intelligent conservatives, including the ones on this board, take her seriously as anything but a marionette. She's just not a smart woman.

I'm just glad the president survived his interview with famed "gotcha" journalist Katie Couric last night. She did let him off easy, though. She didn't ask what newspapers and magazines he read.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

She already knows what he reads ... a teleprompter. ;D

As for Palin and electability ... I'll take someone with the right principles over someone with the wrong principles and a few more IQ points. Any day of the week.

12. But here's the thing. I don't think she really has any "principles." Her principles are whatever her advisers tell her are her principles. I understand that's true to a certain extent with any politician. But I think in her case it's extreme. She thinks this is "American Idol." I do believe that she has some intuitive belief that she's "conservative," whatever that may stand for. But she has no coherent worldview and isn't particularly interested in one. She's the "Peter Principle" in action on the national political stage.

And, no offense, I find it a little hypocritical that you drone on about how Obama isn't intelligent - which is absolutely absurd - but now it's OK when the biggest empty pant suit in politics is spouting canned rhetoric because it's YOUR canned rhetoric. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You disagree with Obama's policies, that's fine. But to say he's an "intellectual fraud," and then stand up for Palin as a serious candidate because of her "right principles," just isn't a very consistent line of thinking.

You like her because you think she's electable, and because the people you oppose don't like her and you like to see them squirm.

Draft saved Draft deleted