1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Stewart vs. Bill O'Reilly

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bristol Whipped, Feb 4, 2010.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Right on schedule. :D

Did your boy Shrub use a teleprompter, Tony? A simple yes or no will do.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well at least we know you read "Zeke's Talking Points Memo on defending Obama's inability to speak without teleprompters......"

3. ebrown

ebrown New Member

Why does Tony have to answer for "Shrub''

4. ebrown

ebrown New Member

You go, Zago! I can't wait till Zeke tries to answer this one! I'll bet he doesn't even respond, because he knows there's nothing he can say.

5. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

[​IMG]

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

while the video mocks her, this puts the use of the cheat sheet in some perspective.

She was clearly trying to be conversational and not use notes. Even though she likely given the questions in advance, she jotted down a couple of points to make to when asked what she would do -- at the first Tea Party Convention, I'd like to add and where she got $100,000 to appear.

That's lightweight and she wants to run for president.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/08/us/politics/09palin.html?src=twt&twt=nytimes

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

O'Really is desperately eager to be accepted as a mainstream interviewer by the mainstream press.

Droolingly eager.

Pathetic, really.

8. The guy taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago. I'm sure he's not a "blithering idiot" without a teleprompter. Those kind of extreme statements just erode the speaker's credibility to nothing.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Is that the death cat? Have I been marked for death?*

*this only makes sense if you watched Saturday Night Live last night.

10. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Not at all, Jay. Zag is a smart fellow. I'm sure he can figure it out.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh my, you really got us fooled with this one. I mean, who is this - Grimace? Angola? Fudgie?

Christ, a newbie with three total posts mysteriously shows up to "defend the home team's honor" then, no doubt will run back in search of strokes from the rest of the crowd but we're all supposed to be fooled by it.

No really, you got us, you really are a new poster...... ::)

Get.A.Life.

And for the record, my point wasn't to rip Zeke, just rip the people who continue to regurgitate this nonsensical mantra about Obama "taking it to the GOP without teleprompters....."

12. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Because the whole "Obama and his teleprompter" meme is based in hypocrisy. Name one president in the modern era - including St. Ronnie - who didn't use one.

Hope that helps. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted