1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Stewart on the mainstream media

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dkphxf, Jun 20, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, scrambling to ridicule, because you didn't make a damn point to dismiss. A president's minor children never become part of the fray, nor should they.

2. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

There he goes again. It's like you are pulling the pigtails of the little girl you liked in second grade. Just give it up.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

It's not really a scramble. You tried to take a quote out of context and it was obvious on the quote. So all one has to do is notice it on your post and call you out on it. No scrambling needing.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, at least he tried some weak-sauce dig at me when I was actually the person quoted. That's progress. But we still haven't progressed to him elucidating a point.

5. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

The question was about the campaign being nasty. She said something she realized she should not have, then tries to backtrack and make it sound like she was talking about the kids. She was not asked about the kids. She was asked about the campaign.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

7. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

No Carleton, you are making things up. Sorry dude, really. Usually, you've been pretty civil in our discussions, but what you say above is flat-out false.

She was asked this question: "How's the family ready for this [the election]? It's going to be quite vicious, isn't it? How do you prepare for that?"

First thing she thinks about is the kids. So she answers: "You know, it's … we're ready, you know. Our children, you know, could care less about what we're doing. We work hard to do that. Fortunately, we have help from the media. "

So she did not, as you assert, thank the media for something else, then come back to portray it as if she were thanking the media for the kids thing. The context was quite clear.

You either are making things up or you misread it. I'll give you a pass and assume you did not read it closely. So let's end it there.

Edit to add: And shame on Real Clear Politics for misrepresenting what was said. I tell ya, that liberal media, ya can't trust 'em...

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

BG...Real Clear Politics is only clear about the right side of the picture. Their headline probably caused me to see what they said was said, not what was said (does that make any sense?)

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

It makes perfect sense. It's also the Fox News business model.

Draft saved Draft deleted