1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Lovitz & Andy Dick fight over Hartman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by etsuwes, Jul 18, 2007.

1. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

My apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I heard Jim Rome ask Adam Sandler about this today.

Aparently, Jon Lovitz bashed Andy Dick's head into the bar at L.A.'s Laugh Factory over the death of pal Phil Hartman ten years ago. Lovitz said Dick gave Brynn Hartman cocaine after she had been sober for ten years. Five months later, Phil's dead.

I wasn't an Andy Dick fan before this, so I'm glad Lovitz snapped.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07172007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm
    http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272614795.shtml

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah I beat up Andy Dick. Then I went home to my wife...Morgan Fairchild. Yeah that's the ticket.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

who's andy dick?

4. Never cared for Lovitz very much. I always thought Dick was pretty funny. My opinions of both have changed 180 degrees after reading that.

The Post's opening graph say Hartman was their SNL colleague. Was Dick ever on SNL? He was on Newsradio - one of my all-time favorite comedies - with Hartman and later Lovitz, but the three never starrred together in a series did they?

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You mean Chachi from Happy Days?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who hasn't bashed Andy Dick's head into a bar five times?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Honestly I'm stunned Andy Dick is still alive.

And I would trade his worthless life for Phil Hartman's every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I hearted Hartman.

One of my favorite skits...ever.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What ijag said. His death still bugs me.

9. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Good stuff, never saw that. Was that from '92 when he was running?? She called him "Governor."

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Evil....the article is wrong. They were all on Newsradio, but never together because Lovitz replaced Hartman after he was murdered.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm pretty sure. But I don't remember exactly. Sometimes, when I'm out and if someone starts to talk but can't because their mouth is full, I yell 'WARLORDS!' Sometimes people get it, sometimes they don't.

I crack myself up.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Loved Hartman. Loved him as Troy McClure. Loved him in Talk Radio. Loved him in 3rd Rock. One of those guys who could make you laugh with a simple twitch of expression on his face.

Draft saved Draft deleted