1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Lester has lymphoma

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Casty, it seems, should lay hands on young Lester and cure what ails him.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sweet Jesus, F_H, take a joke, wouldja?

Trying to ease the tension.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Great fucking job you did of that! :D

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As I've alluded to before, maybe we just need a list of things we're not allowed to discuss.

So far we have Casty and cancer.

I welcome additions.

6. This has not ended well.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You know, here's the thing.

I respect casty's opinions, and he seems to be a good guy. But some of you have this sacred-cow thing going on with him that rankles others. And I'm talking long-term, ever since I started here.

One of the best things about this bar is that nobody's "above" it ... and I doubt that even the man himself would want you to put him there.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's not that Casty's a sacred cow, though everyone who knows him (and I've never met him, just communicated with him on this board) is unanimous in saying he's the nicest person in a business that turns people into cynical, embittered sharks.

It's that people, for some reason, like to pile on him. The whole BBWAA vote thing still boggles my mind. People come on here, say the HOF or MVP voting is a fucking joke and anyone who has a vote is a joke for fucking it up, and Casty merely tried to explain his thought process behind casting (pun!!!) a vote. As 21 noted earlier, this is a board for sportswriters and you'd think someone who takes the time to discuss the process would be welcomed. Instead, some people want to say he's here to lord his vote over us, which is nonsense.

As for what transpired within this thread, he was one of many offended by the cancer cracks. Why did the thread have to devolve into a bunch of fuck yous largely directed at Casty? (Says the guy who has trademarked the art of arguing on SportsJournalists.com)

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And that is a damn shame. I have no clue what happened here, but casty, I just want to put on the record that I have always loved your insight into the process. It's a shame some people here still didn't realize that.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Beautifully timed, Oz!

Signed,

NostraColumbo

11. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Interp this.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This thread has outlived its usefullness, and should now die a quick and painless death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.