1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Huntsman goes after his own

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Apr 23, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You've got it all wrong. Following my order of C, L, R, they are 876 ... they're a phone sex hotline! 8)

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You guys are all going to need C-L-R to clean yourselves up after spanking it.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Too late. :eek:

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Bubbler FTW.

That picture is also FTW.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Agreed. You can't be that much more moderate than Romney and consider yourself Republican. Heck, Obama isn't that far to the left.

The only way a moderate third-party candidate would work is if he/she ran in the "radical center", as described in communitarianism.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You have to dig Mary Anne's fishnet stockings.

[​IMG]

8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Huntsman is a moderate Republican. For some reason, if you are a Republican, being moderate is no longer acceptable. It doesn't get you on "Hannity." But I like that Huntsman would like to see a return to it and, if I read this right, an end to mainstream journalism jumping on things reported by bloggers and anybody other than traditional sources.

He said: "You get these blogs out there, you know, Bottom-feeder, Buzzsaw, Buzzfeed, whatever they are, and they take a sentence out of context and it becomes a headline and pretty soon mainstream newspapers pick up on that," in an interview with "Morning Joe."

We have now had a full four years or so of bloggers being part of the media on a serious basis, not just a fad. I think that's enough from what it has wrought. Let the professionals handle real news, kids. It's time we started saying that to bloggers and others who have stretched thoughtful reporting and commentary and turned it into extreme stupidity. They are not helping the conversation -- or the industry (just ask residents in places like Seattle and Denver who have lost papers).

9. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

We're gonna blame blogs for the GOP primary electorate being crazy?

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It's easy to be a moderate maverick when you are in a state where one party dominates. Also easy to go against the party line when you're a 3 percenter in the primaries.

Huntsman can be a major player in 2012 (if Obama wins) provided that he doesn't talk down to the electorate. "Well, you know, I speak Chinese."

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

She's all yours, pal.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Huntsman went on 'Morning Joe' for spin control and to claim his quote was taken out of context by BuzzFeed. Unfortunately for him, video of his comments proved BuzzFeed had accurately presented the entire context.

He may be a moderate, but he's also a liar.

Draft saved Draft deleted