1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Huntsman goes after his own

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Interesting.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57419077-503544/huntsman-on-china-gop-comparison-i-was-waxing-philosophical/

I don't agree with some of his political beliefs, but I'd be all for a third-party led by Huntsman. He's dead right about bringing moderation into the political discourse.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love him.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think we'd all go after Jon Huntsman's own.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the only way we'll ever see a legitimate third-party candidate is if both the democrats are running extreme candidates... You would need someone who would pull just as many democratic voters away as they would republican voters.

It would almost have to be something as absurd (I hope) as Santorum vs. Pelosi.

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I'd love to see a moderate party. Though I suspect the next third-party movement will see will be some form of Tea Party break-off whackjobism.

Which may allow the Republicans to become the "moderate" party again, which would not be a bad thing at all.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

and we'd all be hoping the mayans were right

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dibs on the one on the right.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. txsportsscribe

throw in razorback girl and i can hear it now:

one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong, can you tell which thing is not like the others by the time i finish my song?

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My favorite right-wing loon meme is when they say how stiff the penalties are for illegal immigrants in North Korea or Afghanistan or Iran, while in America we give them free hotels and cable or something like that ... which basically is wistfully pining away for America to be like North Korea and Afghanistan and Iran. Or probably even China.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

C, L, R, in that order.

11. txsportsscribe

isn't the one in the middle married? and i think the one on the left dated kris humphries.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Three 6s! The Huntsman girls are the devil!

Draft saved Draft deleted