1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon and Kate (of Jon and Kate plus 8)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 6, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I made it through one minute of that. She's like finger nails on a blackboard.

She walks all over him and he lets her. Nice relationship.

2. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

J&K should really set the bar by putting Mady up for adoption. Hey, rest of you kids, if you're annoying and bratty like Mady, you're out of here too.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

We'll see you all for scientific experiments!

4. Flash

Flash Guest

The guy drinks? There's a shock.

5. WS

WS Member

The dwarf swerved over the center line, and was pulled over. He said he wasn't drinking, but refused to give a breathalyzer since he said those things screw over the dwarfs, so he got a DUI.

I've seen three episodesof the show, one of them being that one. No idea what eventually happened.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I can't stand the Little People show - who in the hell in this day and age thinks little people can't do things "normal sized" people can't? The entire premise is idiotic.

My hate of this show extends to my personal life where I routinely make a stink when something is unsuitable for tall people.

The angle of the message display on the Home Depot self check out pin pad is hard for me to see. Without fail I go into my "it's hard being a tall person in a normal sized world" rant.

My wife of course will no longer go thru the self checkout with me.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

We just talked about this last night in the Olympic thread. Kate is a complete bitch. Jon seems like he hates his life.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As the father of two, IMHO its amazing how J&K can keep it together with 8 running around. My wife watches it and I get pulled in every now and then and given that its on TV I'm still amazed at them.

I never really noticed how domineering Kate is/was; I'll pay closer attention and ask Ms. Law.

The kids are cute though; super cute (although I recall wifey ragging on one of them, probably Maddy).

As for Jon, I'm pretty sure he knew what he was getting into even before kids. I've got a buddy like Jon who some believe needs to get a "man kit" but he's happy, so some people don't mind it.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Breathalyzer tests screw over dwarves? I never knew.
    I assumed that they were calibrated somehow to account for BMI/weight, and would have the same range of error regardless of the size of the person being tested.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

J&K+8 supposedly are house hunting in my neck of the woods.

Price of the pad - $1.8 mil.

I watched the show once, and yes, they do not seem to be enjoying much of anything.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Would you with 8 kids?

And I saw a rerun tonight, the kids got gum, she freaked tossed one kid's bear, his buddy he called him. What a bitch. She'd be a handful without 8 kids.

She had to have been the first girl Jon ever had.

12. Mrs. WSW loves J&K+8, so I've seen it often.

Yeah, Kate can be a bee-hatch; she's obviously very Type-A. There are worse offenses in life. My sister-in-law is a similarly intense Type-A, and she's one of the finest people I know on this good Earth.

Oh, and by the way ... EIGHT fucking kids.
    My 2-year-old little girl is the light of my life, and there are times I want to chuck her into traffic. Eight? Eight!?

And I don't know that Jon needs our little pity party. I think, most of the time, he's just fine laying back and letting Kate play the domineering ringmaster. I don't think he doesn't put up much of a fight because his spirit's broken; I think he doesn't put up much of a fight because he just doesn't want/care to. He knows the deal, and I get the impression he's perfectly fine with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted