1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon and Kate (of Jon and Kate plus 8)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Times two. Man, do I wanna punch that bitch.

2. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

He's gotten in way too deep to get a divorce. Financially she'd totally collapse if he left her, as he's the only breadwinner in that family. He knew what he was getting into after the first two kids. Blech, she's awful.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

One night the wife was watching the episode where Kate takes the kids to Hershey's Chocolate World or whatever the place is called (I thought, just what these kids need, chocolate) and after it was done I said that might be the most effective ad for birth control I've ever seen.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seriously, what the fuck are you guys talking about?

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Some show about a couple with eight kids on TV.

I've never watched...but judging by the hatred toward Kate, I might have to.

I like hating people I don't know or interact with.

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

Seen it in passing, which is what Jon should have done when he met Kate. If she's that challenging when she knows everyone is watching, I shudder at the alone-times vibe.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Really? I had no idea.

PS: I'd still like to gut you like a fish.

8. SportySpice

SportySpice Member

My wife will occasionally watch the show, and good god, I don't know how Jon can stand being around the constant control Kate seems to need with everything. Speaking as someone who grew up with numerous siblings all within a 7-year span, Jon has the right idea. You have to just let things slide because nothing will EVER go as planned with that many kids around. How Kate hasn't had a breakdown yet is beyond me.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I cannot tolerate more than 30 seconds of that show before I start trembling and getting ill at my stomach. The entire concept of the shrill harpy was designed just for Kate.

Naturally my wife and son love the show.

10. SportySpice

SportySpice Member

The show is a train wreck, but not as entertaining as the train wrecks of the local Fox TV nightly news broadcasts in most markets. It has almost become appointment viewing at our house. Couple months ago, their weather graphic showed the entire country on fire. I almost peed myself laughing.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That isn't as much fun in this market, until recently a Fox O&O on a heritage VHF frequency. It's still is miserable dreck, but at least it is a professionally polished turd.

Now Fox 17 in Nashville? That's comedy gold. More stops, starts and oddball tangents than Miss Teen South Carolina defending her thesis.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Well, I'd still like to dominate you in a game of Mercy, but I'm not visiting Ohio anytime soon. If I did, you'd get drubbed.

So, I'll dominate you in the Pick 'Em CFB pool instead...while you figure out a way to get Kyle Farnsworth off your team. From now on, my advice costs foldin' money.

Draft saved Draft deleted