1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joker in next Batman film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

He always takes the most out-of-the-blue characters. Just think of what he's done recently (Alice in Wonderland already looks amazing, btw): Sweeney Todd, Jack Sparrow, Willy Wonka, Corpse Bride, J.M. Barrie and those are the only ones I've seen. I don't see him as the Riddler. I mean, I think he would do an amazing job at it, but I don't see him accepting it.

For one thing, Tim Burton isn't directing. :p

Also, I don't think they will do another Joker movie this close to the release of The Dark Knight. There was, what, a 15-year gap between Nicholson and Ledger. I think there will be at least that before they introduce the Joker again, out of respect for Ledger and what he did with the character. They have to wipe his performance from the front of people's minds before tackling it again.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I doubt the Catwoman we all know and love would be the one Nolan goes with. I see him going with someone completely unknown who plays the role shy at first and then becomes the dominant sex-pistol type. I'd love to see Jessica Biel or someone like that try her hand at it.

3. schiezainc

To be fair, though, the only reason there was a 15-year gap between Joker flicks was because they killed him off in the original Batman. Hell, they probably never ever thought they'd be making a sequel to that flick when they made that decision.

For this one, they obviously intended to use the character again. I mean, what other reason would they have to not kill him off in that final scene? Clearly, Nolan had big plans for The Joker. Whether or not he still does, I don't know.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Apparently, you haven't seen a masterful film called "Stealth."

5. schiezainc

WTF does acting have to do with playing catwoman?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If he casts Jessica Biel as Catwoman, I will gut Nolan. There are plenty of hot women in Hollywood who can actually act. No need to cast her.

7. schiezainc

Examples?

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

oop,

It is not The Killing Joke. There is another, newer one out there.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Sean Young wants everyone to know she's still available ...

(and if you don't get that joke, just Google "Sean Young" and "Catwoman")

10. The film originally had the Joker getting killed but with Ledger's death they changed things. There was no plans to have Ledger return for a sequel.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I always thought that was a curious decision. I understand it in theory, not wanting to seem morbid. But if the story originally called for the Joker to die, and Ledger had delivered what everyone knew immediately was an iconic, inimitable performance, then why not keep the script as is?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who actually is turned OFF of a movie if Biel is in it. Bleah.

Draft saved Draft deleted