1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Johnny plays hard

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shoeless Joe, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Journo13

Journo13 Member

Just send the email back to her with all of the spelling mistakes highlighted.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I just lost a couple minutes of my life reading that.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

and I was wondering why I saw parts of the sky on the ground when I drove to work yesterday. Now I know!

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I couldn't get past the subject line. Tell the cheerleaders to take care of Johnny, OK?

(Seriously, I couldn't believe the letter. Then again, nothing surprises me these days.)

5. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

At least she didn't beg for coverage because Johnny needs the ecksposher to get a collidge skollership.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's an unusual letter.

Usually the parents won't let on that they have a vested interest in the team or a player. They act like it's some huge story the paper is going to miss out on.

7. geddymurphy

geddymurphy Member

I remember being lectured over the phone at one point that it was so typical of the liberal media not to send reporters to middle school lacrosse games.

If you're that "anti-liberal," wouldn't you think sending a reporter to cover one of the least interesting of the couple hundred scholastic sports events in the area would be exactly the kind of idiotic allocation of resources you'd expect from the "liberal media"?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You should have said that your coverage was fiscally conservative.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

call the cops

[​IMG]

11. geddymurphy

geddymurphy Member

Dang -- should've thought of that. Nice one.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Got a teacher pull so-so works so hard and he came from a serious illness to play football this year after missing last season. Too bad she must not keep track of his wrestling season, since he made state. Getting the kids stats right would help as well. He isn't the best running back. Probably the sixth-best on the team.

Draft saved Draft deleted