1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Johnny Dommy P

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 6, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Not a huge deal. Fine him. He was with his father! He was not off the rails. Kids consume alcohol in Europe, no matter the age.

What would be worrisome was if he was caught drinking and driving. Not the case here. Let's be realistic; how many people in the last 50 years have consumed alcohol while a minor? What %? As a parent, sure I'd want my boys to avoid it until they're 21, but doubt it will happen. Was talking to my 19yr old nephew this holiday season, he's a sophomore and has consumed alcohol. Says he'd not drive nor get in a car with anyone who has consumed. He's got a good head on his shoulders. I'm not up in arms about it, nor are his parents.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

How many people have gotten away with it not the point. The laws in Europe are not the point (why the hell would we want to do anything like Europe?) And I don't see an older gentleman in the TMZ photos resembling a father who might have bought the champagne.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because they don't want 18 year olds drinking and driving. He wasn't in a car. He was in a bar.

And coming from a board conservative, why should he be limiited in celebrating how he pleases?

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm frankly sick of hearing 20-year-olds referred to as "kids." You're old enough to fight and die for your country, you're old enough to drink, in my book.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah... but they're not.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This always cracks me up.

Europe. Yeah, what a hellhole!!

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

The women are ugly. The food is nasty. The wine and beer are undrinkable.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Then there's that avoidance of deodorant by the populace as a whole.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And the West Virginia-quality dental work.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Anybody know if AJ McCarron fornicated ahead of his wedding vows last night? And sodomy is illegal in many states so we need to be on the lookout for that too.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Good thing he's not at BYU; only Tebow survives there.

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Didn't think I needed the blue font on that one ...

Draft saved Draft deleted