1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Johnny Dommy P

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

1. What do you expect him to do, sit in his room and stare at a wall?

2. He's the Heisman winner. He'll run an extra lap or two, and that'll be it.

3. As long as he's not behind a wheel, why should anyone give a shit? As far as the club goes, it's on them to make sure he's not underage. They either didn't care, or they didn't check him very well. His parents should only care that he doesn't get behind the wheel. For A&M, unless school's in session, it's none of their business.

Frankly, I'd like to see Manziel step forward and say, "I'm old enough to win a Heisman and get drafted to fight for my country. I ought to be able to have a drink."

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OMG! A college kid took a drink!!!! My opinion is that the less the guy gives a shit about what the morality police think, the more I want him as my NFL quarterbacks.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Big deal; if he wanted to be a top-shelf SEC quarterback, he'd throw beer bottles at cars.

4. JPsT

JPsT Member

What proof? I see zero evidence that he was served anything or consumed any alcohol.

From his past indiscretions and social media posts, it seems like the guy is a grade-A tool. Lord knows I'm not a fan, but there's no proof of anything there. Sorry.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The ol' "I was just holding this bottle for my 21-year old buddy who went to the bathroom" move. It's fool proof.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

January 27, 1973
    Breaking News:

U.S. Secretary of Defense Melvin R. Laird has announced the creation of an all-volunteer armed forces, negating the need for the military draft.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The government still has the right to reinstate the draft, meaning, they can suddenly decide they want a bunch of 20-year-olds to join the military.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thank you, d_b. :D

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you look at the pictures of the lady in red to his right, if he was that night, he probably isn't now.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Rules are rules.

Fine the bar and cite the kid.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Reports are that his dad was with him that night. If that's the case I believe he's in the clear on any MiP charges and so is the bar.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Again, if no one gives a shit, why does every state limit drinking to those 21 years and over?
    As far as sitting in his room staring at walls, there are other ways to celebrate a victory. And no one ever guaranteed me a party every time I accomplished something.

Draft saved Draft deleted