1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Johnny Dommy P

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 6, 2013.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/06/johnny-manziel-football-texas-am-champagne-photo/

Yes, I know underage kids drink in college all the time. But is he so dumb as to be caught in a nightclub with a bottle of champagne in his hands the night after winning a bowl game?

And with this proof, will the club be cited for serving a minor?

He better get used to something: wherever he goes, someone will have a camera phone clicking.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There is nothing dumb about Manziel's actions, the only dumb part is people's need to tear down kids for living like kids. You won't find five sane people in the world who give a flying fuck. And the five you do find aren't really sane.

Really. A 20-year-old drinking in a bar is a scandal?

He has seven months before the viewing public needs to see him in shape again.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm not talking the issue of a 20-year-old drinking. I'm talking common fucking sense.

If only five people in the world give a flying fuck, why is the drinking age in every state in America 21 years old?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Mostly for the driving aspect.

Fine, if this is an issue to you, great. You're being stupid.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually I'm not, for the following reasons that you seem to fail to understand

1. He's the freshman Heisman winner. He's going to be photographed with every smart phone in every joint he's in. You'd think he'd have enough sense to not be in that situation so quickly after the bowl game.

2. Pretty sure Texas A&M football, like any other school, has rules against its players drinking underaged. Waiting to see if Sumlin does anything about this.

3. No one cares about 20 year old college kids drinking. But when they are photographed numerous times in the act, it's pretty much in your face. Will A&M do anything? Will the club? Will Manziel's parents? The media in Texas?

Johnny got something extra with that Heisman: scrutiny, as long as he's playing college football.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, noes, the children! :eek:

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go with: No. No. No. And No.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The cops cared when they discovered me drinking when I was a freshman in college. Too bad you guys weren't there to tell them no one gives a shit. Could have saved me $250.

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'd be more concerned with him setting his hair on fire with that sparkler in his mouth.

10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Next thing you know, we'll hear he's not a virgin.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It's probably a bigger deal when you consider he was arrested last summer for disorderly conduct and having fake IDs. Maybe a pattern of questionable decisions and/or not giving a shit?

He's just going to have to learn people are paying close attention to his every move and he might not always be able to do what your typical 20-year-old A&M student can.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I agree with hondo ... Lest we subscribe to preferential treatment for certain people. I got more than one citation back in the day and I could have killed someone or myself with my lawless behavior. Johnny's a role model whether he wants to be or doesn't want to be.
    Congrats to him and A&M on all they've done this year but beware 'cause the microscope's gotten bigger.

Draft saved Draft deleted