1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Wooden injured in fall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I remember Chick emcee'd the Lakers' 2001-02 NBA championship parade, but he had to do it while sitting behind a desk on the stage. He was no longer the same guy. Even still, whenever I watch a Lakers game, I miss him. I love catching old Lakers games on ESPN Classic and hearing "old golden throat" on the mic.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

First time Wooden showed up at a UCLA game after the hip replacement, he looked awful. I started working on his obit the next day. That was about 15 years ago.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

maybe the nickname has nothing to do with announcing games. ever think of that, chief?

4. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

What is your deal, man? Seriously. Now you're moving it to other threads?

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

First death pool reference in 3......2.........

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

moving what, chief? what's your problem?

7. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Just wondering what you were insinuating about Chick's nickname "golden throat?"

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

can you not read, chief? if you need a verbal to figure this one out, tough shit.

9. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Maybe I do. One thing that has been pretty easy to figure out is you've been a real prick today. You started in on the MMA thread, got called on it and you've been a prick ever since. And you have this thing, where you think you know me. I'm telling you right now, I've never been on this board under another name and I don't believe I've ever interacted with you before. Not sure how else I can prove I'm not who you think I am.
    But, I'm getting the feeling it doesn't matter what I say, you're having fun just being a prick. *shrug*

All I did on this thread was praise Chick Hearn and reference his nickname of "Old Golden Throat." ... You then replied out of nowhere with a snarky "maybe the nickname has nothing to do with announcing games. ever think of that, chief?"

I'm at a fucking loss to what your point was, other than to just continue fucking with me. And, once again, if that's the case, it's just you having fun being a prick to me (or to whoever the hell you think I am).

To the rest of the posters on this thread, sorry for this rant. TP and I had an issue on another thread and it's spilled over here. Not my intention. My apologies.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what? a couple hundred words and then a "not my intention." pathetic at best.

11. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I'm not supposed to react to someone's snarky comments about something I've posted?
    And, can we just keep this on the MMA thread I started? That's already been ruined. No need to ruin two threads, right?

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you're the one ruining things around these parts, troll.

Draft saved Draft deleted