1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Wooden Book

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Birdscribe, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Just in time for March Madness... I'm doing a project for a friend of mine and fellow SportsJournalists.com member, who wrote a book on John Wooden that has been republished after the first publisher went bankrupt.

It is called Quotable Wooden and available at Barnes and Noble or Amazon. Didn't know if anyone had space at their paper for a blurb on it, but it would be much appreciated. I can send the press release if you PM me.

We thank you.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

WE BUMP!!!!!!!!

Especially with March Madness encroaching and the SI story about UCLA basketball hitting the stands.

Come get you some "Quotable Wooden."

3. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

At the risk of interrupting a future bump, what does this have to do with freelance/stringer help wanted? Moddy!!!!

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Not to be a dick here, but how does this bother or offend you, Mediaguy? What's the problem here?

If you're not interested, don't bother with it. Simple. But others have been.

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Just a right place for the thread, and this isn't it. The "Moddy!!!!" wasn't a serious thing.

Don't bump yourself. Not like something else was pushing it down off the page, right?

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

This could be a freelance opportunity to do a article about the book, making the placement appropriate.

7. Sportaholic

Sportaholic New Member

I am interested in this opportunity to write a review of this new John Wooden book. I could write the review for my blog, Sportaholics Anonymous, where I already wrote a post about John Wooden, after he passed away. My blog is part of the Yard Barker Network, a national sports blog.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Be more concerned about your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are. Your reputation is what others think you are.

9. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

Check your PMs, sent you some info on book. thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted