1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Wall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 24, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Too soon to tell.

Both?

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Curry and its not going to be even close (okay GSW fanboy here.)

Wall over Evans because Wall is quicker, faster, does more little things, a block here, a rebound here, and passes better. Evens is an unguardable penetrator/scorer but not sure he makes plays to set up his teammates; which is where Curry extends beyond Evans. Curry has the nice combination of passing/jumper/vision.

3. 93Devil

Kid should be a Knick.

Damn, did they miss on that one.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wall. In a heartbeat.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not that numbers say it all, but I'd bet the house Wall doesn't approach the numbers Evans put up last season.

6. 93Devil

Depends if Gilbert is hogging the ball or not.

7. JackReacher

Exactly. Arenas is they key variable in your prediction, Mizzou. Makes a big difference if he's on your team.

8. Mizzougrad96

True, but I read somewhere that only like seven other rookies ever had better rookie seasons (point, rebounds and assists) than Evans and every one is in the HOF or headed there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. JackReacher

Listen, Evans had a great year, but his situation and Wall's situation are completely different. Just because Wall might not put up the gaudy stats that Evans did doesn't make him a better player.

Regardless, they're both studs. I'll still take Wall. But I wouldn't complain if I had to take Evans.

10. Mizzougrad96

Well said.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted