1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Wall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Wall is as good as Rondo, the Wizards did fine.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I don't think Iverson was ever a true point guard. He was a fantastic scorer.

I'm thinking Curry is going to be better than Rose as a true point guard; he has vision, willingness to pass and the intelligence to see plays develop early along with a nice pull up game. Rondo is a great player; amazing that the Celtics got him from the Suns for basically some cash.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Word was the Wiz were offered Chris Paul for their pick. I don't know how true that rumor was, but if true, I pull that trigger in a heartbeat. Wall could end up a top-10 all-timer, or he could end up Sam Bowie. Paul is a sure thing that in the end will surpass Kidd.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How soon before Moddy (or I) have the John Wall t-shirt featuring "Wall" written across the front with the curly W?

Pretty sweet shirt.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I need a video of Moddy doing the John Wall dance. Stat.

(skip the first 28 seconds of talking...dance plus highlights)

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, IJAG. Moddy doing the John Wall dance is a must. Make it happen, old man!!

After watching T Plush do work tonight, he might just break it out. :)

7. Crash

Crash Active Member

The knock on Rose when he came out was that he couldn't shoot.

Wall, at Kentucky: 46% FG, 32.5% 3P
    Rose, at Memphis: 47% FG, 33% 3P

Wall is every bit the player Rose was when he came out. Wall isn't a great shooter yet, but he's got more upside as far as the outside shot goes than Rondo. Rondo has horrendous form, and his huge hands make it even tougher. Wall has decent form on his shot, he just needs to improve.

As far as the comparisons to Rondo go, Wall is closer to Rondo than he is to Rose. But Wall is also worlds ahead of where Rajon Rondo was when he left Kentucky after his sophomore year. Wall is more mature and a better leader. He's the type that could very well step in as Washington's leader on day one. Rondo wasn't close to that.

John Wall was the surest thing in this draft, by far. The Wizards couldn't have done any better.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

If John Wall doesn't get his anti-Gilbert Arenas innoculation, Wiz whiz.

9. sportswriter3000

sportswriter3000 New Member

Wall is a lock for ROY

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Having never played a second in the league... fetch me a beer, newb.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Cousins break his leg?

Wall is the fav, but lock? C'mon man.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Who would you rather have Wall or Tyreke Evans?

It's close, but I'd take Evans.

Draft saved Draft deleted