1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Wall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 24, 2010.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

100 percent chance the Wizards suck even with Wall.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Crash

Crash Active Member

I do agree with Michael, though. If Cousins becomes what he's capable of, he'll be the best pro out of this draft. I don't buy a lot of the negativity surrounding him, because he improved a ton while in Lexington and, despite some early speed bumps, seemed to be a coachable kid.

He's 6'11" of force, but he's got nice touch around the rim and grabs every rebound near him. His biggest weakness is that he's not explosive off the ground, which didn't hurt much in college because he just went over or through smaller players.

Cousins and Wall are similar in that neither has played against guys who could force them to play a different game yet. The zone forced Wall to find some different skills, but one-on-one, he couldn't be stopped in college. The things they need to learn will come from playing against more experienced guys who can stop them. How each reacts to getting beat and not being the most physically dominant guy on the court will determine how successful they are. Talent-wise, there's no one in their neighborhood in this draft.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ain't happening... Million-dollar arm and a five-cent head, says the guy who covered his getting kicked out of his first high school for attacking the coach.
    Kings wasted their pick...

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

100 percent chance I never said they'd be any good.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree Cousins will be the rookie of the year, but Wall was a no-brainer with the No. 1 pick. He's probably the best true point guard to come out since maybe Iverson, although I might be forgetting somebody.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Derrick Rose, Mizzou? I agree Wall will be very good. Also, guards produce more quickly than big men on average (Hall of Fame exceptions noted), so there's a faster ROI for the Wizards, who sure need some.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Wall can't shoot. Rose is and will always be the better player.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Wall's upside is Derrick Rose. He could be that good.

9. Mizzougrad96

Yeah... Good call. I wasn't thinking about Rose.

10. Mizzougrad96

OK, who would you rather have John Wall or Tyreke Evans?

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I think Wall will be more like today's Rajon Rondo than Rose. A guy who beats players to paint but struggles with the outside shot.

12. Mizzougrad96

Rondo is the guy Wall seems to be compared to the most. It's kind of refreshing to see a guy compared to a good/great current player rather than a Hall-of-Famer. I did see the kid from Kansas compared to Kevin McHale and I wanted to reach through the TV and slap Jay Bilas.

Draft saved Draft deleted