1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Stossel goes home

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Sep 10, 2009.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

John Stossel, the longtime ABC News correspondent and co-anchor of "20/20," is leaving ABC to join Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/john_stossel_leaving_abc_for_fox_130603.asp

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This one never gets old for me...

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hope he takes his mustache with him.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Here's the all-timer ...

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought Jesus called him home, it was only Ruppert Murdoch

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Stossel settled out of court with the WWF for $425,000. I'm still not sure it was worth the humiliation.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I remember watching that 20/20 report the first time it was ever broadcast, when I was an 11-year-old rasslin' fanatic. Up to that point, the Dr. D double open-hand slap on Stossel was possibly the coolest thing I had ever seen on TV.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Along with the $425K Stossel got, the bastard wrestler should have been thrown in jail for assault and battery.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

FBN nabs Imus and now Stossell - wow, big weak.

still love Hulk putting Richard Belzer in a sleeper hold. Belzer passes out, falls to the floor, Hulk taps him awake Belzer tosses to a commercial while we see blood coming out of his head. Mainly for the look on Hulk's face.
    http://www.videovat.com/videos/1649/hulk-hogan-richard-belzer.aspx

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just watched Stossel getting pimp slapped again and I realized that Dr. D looks and sounds a bit like George W. Bush, if Bush had dyed his hair and gone on an all-testosterone diet. Anyone else seeing it?

11. Poll people on here whether they would take two open handed slaps for 400 grand, and I'm pretty sure most of them would take it.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Supposedly, Stossel lost a good amount of hearing in one of his ears because of the slaps. How much money I would want for losing my hearing would probably depend on how deaf I got.

Funny thing about Dr. D, he didn't get fired for the Stossel incident. Rather, he got fired because he wanted to try to attack Mr. T on a live TV show in order to sneak into the Wrestlemania main event. Vince McMahon ordered security to guard Mr. T, and ended up firing Dr. D.

Draft saved Draft deleted