1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Skipper Reveals . . .

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Azrael, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Very strange. But good work by Miller in that interview.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The followup needs to be done by somebody who has some familiarity with the drug and its impact on people's lives. I was taken aback by the comment that it didn't affect his work...except for some missed morning meetings. Um, so it is affecting your job. The dude is 62 years old and he's still partying? And with strangers? Keith Richards is impressed.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Some people are capable of casual cocaine use, a lot aren't. I don't think it's as uncommon as you may think.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'd argue if you're buying from a stranger, it ain't casual. Casual is taking it if it's given to you. Hunting it down and procuring from an unknown strikes me as active user. Just my impression.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's a good point.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Let me tell you some stories ...

Len Bias scared me straight as a 14-year-old. Never considered touching it.

Then I tried it at 30 and ... there is nothing better in this world. Nothing comes close. Not even sex.

But there's a downside lol and that downside is you never quit. Instead, you just keep going and hope to never turn around.

Sounds like John Skipper and I would enjoy the same kind of parties.

8. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

1) Must have been a pretty serious issue if he affirmatively concluded he was not interested in fentanyl. I mean, I haven't done it either, but I also never really put much thought into it. Just seemed like a weird thing to bring up.

B) Some of the questions were worded rather awkwardly, but I suppose it worked and perhaps reflects it being a pre-arranged or choreographed interview?

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The questions were too choreographed as were the answers, even moreso.

lcjjdnh likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Something doesn't add up, no?

matt_garth likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Well I figured they talked about what they were going to talk about.

Figure a guy with Skipper's connection would have had a cut-out for his deals. Someone who used and shared and not have to deal directly with a dealer.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Conservative hero Clay Travis tweets that Skipper is "lying." I hope Skipper sues Travis into bankruptcy. He won't. Discovery etc. But I'd love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted