1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Rocker to compete on Survivor?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Jul 26, 2014.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Woah. Big John Rocker news this weekend. First, the former closer appears at Cooperstown, raffling off a night of drinking with the former Brave to 10 lucky winners. He's also selling copies of his book and T-shirts that say "Speak English."

Then, there's this: According to Yardbarker, Rocker will compete on the upcoming season of Survivor.

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/john_rocker_shows_up_in_cooperstown_survivor_up_next/16916723?linksrc=story_article_yb_original_head_16916723

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Whoa. There is no big John Rocker news anymore.

Or should I say Woah?

3. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Any time you get chosen to compete on Survivor, it's major news.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I actually got to meet the diversity training instructor for the Atlanta Braves after the Rocker crap hit the fan. Funny stuff.

5. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think I hope he doesn't Survive.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think he should be forced to compete with Jeff Pearlman and 16 people randomly grabbed from a NYC subway at 3 a.m.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good Lord.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

He'd be perfect for "Survivor: West Virginia."

10. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

"I mean, here we are on an island and there's Chinese, spicks, Russians, druggies with tattoos, moms with five kids, gays..who invited them all here? Probst? What's his deal? Hell, we could have had Survivor: 7 Train."

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It would be fun to have a "disgraced celebrity" version of Survivor.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Probst is on record saying he doesn't think they'll ever do a "Celebrity Survivor." They're OK having celebrities (mostly lesser-known former sports figures) on the show because they have to audition the way normal contestants do. He's against doing it the way one network did with "I'm a Celebrity: Get Me Out of Here" because those types of celebs aren't really in it for the game, they're in it for the exposure.

Draft saved Draft deleted