1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Perrotto fired by Ogden

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Trey Beamon, Oct 9, 2009.

1. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Anybody who knows Perrotto knows that his name goes at the top of the list of "good people in the business." This is really good news. Good luck in the new gig John.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

John is a great guy and it's awesome to hear this news.

3. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Good for him. That sounds like a gig a lot of people around these parts would be happy with.

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I respect that jobs are hard to get these days, but it has to be a major risk moving out of state to cover a suck-ass team for the people who own the franchise, especially when a well-respected guy just got blown out, apparently for telling the truth.

I hope Paul got something in writing from them and understands the drill.

6. tagline

tagline Member

I noticed the announcement says he "will join piratesreport.com to cover the 2010 Pittsburgh Pirates."

No mention of the 2011 Pirates.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, this thread has good news for two people I hold very highly. Best of luck to both John and Paul.

8. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

Perrotto, by the way, is back contributing to his old paper along with his BP duties. He's written some college and high school stuff for the Beaver County Times and did a Pirates column for Sunday's paper that's online.

Good to see one of the good guys back on his feet.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I think that really sums it up. If you cover a team owned by your boss, that is a ready-made conflict of interest. Go too harsh on the team and you get shown the door. Nutting basically wants a glorified PR man for that position.

Draft saved Draft deleted