1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Oliver

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Dec 20, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

The Daily Show took a big hit when the Corddrys and Ed Helms headed elsewhere, but this John Oliver guy is quickly becoming the funniest correspondent this show has seen.

His bit tonight on how the Iraqis are to blame for the war was hilarious.

"The Iraqis are to blame for the mess we've got them into. And I don't get the sense that they care at all what this is doing to us. Americans are being torn apart by this war and I don't think the Iraqis have a single empathetic bone in their body ... and I've seen a lot of their bodies. They're littered all over the place here."

And by the way, Stewart's back and forth with Bill Kristol from the Weekly Standard was pretty good, as well.

"Are you backing (Bush's surge plan) now because you think he's due?"

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Stewart and Colbert were excellent tonight

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Colbert sounds too much like O'Reilly.
    Especially while talking to the students at Harvard, I thought I had left the TV on FNC.

4. T2

T2 Member

Well, that's the whole point, right, to satirize O'Reilly and the other right-wingers?

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That's what makes it so great.

Draft saved Draft deleted