1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John McCain's phoniness: The Gift that Keeps on Giving

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 30, 2008.

1. This is just as much bullshit as if any of us said, "McCain is so war-happy, he will invade Canada on his first day in office."
    But hey, keep throwing up those straw men. I'm sure nobody sees through them.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That is, quite frankly, some of the stupidest shit I've seen you post. You sound like a disgruntled spouse, changing the subject because your point was blown all to hell.

Do America a favor and don't vote, OK? You'd only pollute the system.

3. No, I was using a device called "hyperbole." Ever heard of it? You should, since you and a lot of your liberal cohorts use it around here on an hourly basis.

I've re-reconsidered my opinion of you. You're still a jagoff.

4. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

People who resort to name-calling don't deserve my attention. Zap. You're dead.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

He's not just name-calling, he's backpedaling.

Oh shit, that was a pretty stupid thing to write. Well, I'll just call it hyperbole, take my own words and try and turn them into a liberal character flaw.

The level of projection from American conservatives these days is unreal.

Of course, if my ideology was failing spectacularly from Washington to Baghdad, I might feel the same way.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm trying to figure out if I should feel honored or insulted that Lyman thinks I'm a jagoff. Either way, since that's all he offers, I'm assuming he doesn't really have any defense of his position and uses whatever he can think of to advance the divide.

Draft saved Draft deleted