1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John McCain's phoniness: The Gift that Keeps on Giving

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 30, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Good to see you sticking up for war heroes, Chris, after you spent a good solid six months slandering John Kerry at every opportunity. I guess NOW the standard is you need to have served in the military to be president. Not four years ago, now.

Nice to see you move the goal posts.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No change from the status quo there.

And McCain is probably more educated on the matter than the wet loaf of bread in the White House right now.

3. I guess we can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Well, we won't be chewing much if Obama gets in, since I'll have to call the EU to get permission to have dinner or drive to the store.

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Do you really believe that?

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Some of you people live in a really strange world.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

If I were advising McCain, I'd tell him the same thing I would have told Dole in '96: Tell Americans that "As a final service to my country, I will run for president, and if I win, I will serve only one term. I will be the constitutionally-protected president with no re-election to seek, and therefore, beholden to no one. And during that time, I'm gonna tell it to you like it is."

1. The country is in a far more dire financial situation than you've been told or can possibly fathom, and it's going to take drastic measures to fix.

2. The Bushies won't tell you, the war profiteers in corporate America won't tell you, and the shit-for-brains Washington press corps won't tell you, but I will: The real mission in Iraq has been accomplished. In spades. Dwight Eisenhower warned us, we didn't listen, and now it's going to take drastic measures to fix.

3. I'm going against the grain of my party when I say this, but when it comes to health care, it's beyond hubris to believe that this country has it right, and every other industrialized nation has it wrong. There are examples all over the world of nations who provide better health care, cheaper. But powerful forces want to keep the status quo, and that's going to take drastic measures to fix.

4. I can't promise to solve these problems. There are too many members of Congress, of both parties, who owe their position to the powerful forces I've spoken of. But the issues will be out in the open, and its time for voters to exercise their responsibility, as well as their right, to hold their leaders accountable.

Hell, I'd give Obama the same advice, too.

7. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Nice post.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

He probably does, which is the really scary part.

9. Yeah, Obama does.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yup. It's liberals who wear tin foil hats and keep watch for black helicopters. Totally. Meanwhile, Lyman thinks Obama is going to adopt the Euro and give Florida back to Spain and legalize prostitution. Makes total sense.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is the nastiest secret of them all between the guns and the butter, the one they don't even want you to start thinking about, because they figure -- as they do with all else -- that you're too stupid or incapable of preimagining.

Terrific post.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

No wonder the GOP loves its voters. They'll lap anything up.

Draft saved Draft deleted