1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John McCain's phoniness: The Gift that Keeps on Giving

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 30, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Iran also was helping America fight the Taliban in Afghanistan . . . until some idiot decided to include the country in his "Axis of Evil" speech.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If your side didn't have a pack of hounds ready to jump on every "slip of the tongue" from Obama, I might be more inclined to agree with that particular sentiment. Tell hondo and Chris to come up with an actual argument, and maybe your guy can get away with "slips of the tongue."

3. Obama says enough idiotic things that he doesn't have to worry about slips of the tongue.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Such as?

5. *pulls up a stool and patiently waits for an answer to this question*

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yawn, did you get all switched with someone else's body? Are you stuck in a shitty sci-fi movie or something?

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Jesus, the level of strawman arguments being made by some of you -- Chris and Hondo to name a couple -- are like watching someone flail in the water because they don't know how to swim but are trying to impress some girl on the beach.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Do we need a thread like this every 24 hours? Can we just have one "We hate all republicans thread" for the liberal masses here?

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Mizzou, I know you like McCain, but he continues to do and say outrageous things. Are you just going to roll your eyes? Or are you going to engage in a legitimate debate about whether he has the necessary knowledge and insight on Iraq to be the president?

10. And Obama does?

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Or we could have a president who's dad fought honorably in WW II -- right after his grandfather was helping prop up the Nazis during the critical period of time they were building their military apparatus up.

And the son fought in Viet... whoops.

Tell me, EB, where was the son fighting again? The Juarez Front?

By your argument, John Kerry -- a decorated war hero, BTW -- was a more qualified handler of the military that President AWOL, who was "fighting" hookers and blow in Mexico.

Do better.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Well, Obama won the nomination largely on the strength of the fact that he opposed the Iraq invasion from the start, preferring to put more resources in Afghanistan. I'd say that's a pretty good start.

Draft saved Draft deleted