1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John McCain supports SJ

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Or least McCain advertises here. Anyone notice the ads?

Maybe he posts here. Hey McCain, I'm not voting for you, but fetch me a beer anyway.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Yeah, fetch me a beer as well, McCain, you douche. And none of your Cave Creek Arizona pisswater, either. A nice, cold Harp with a chilled Pilsener glass, if you don't mind. Or even if you do mind. Warmongering asshat.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

sheesh, way to make the thread political, irish.

;)

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Set my zone alarm software so I see no ads no time... but nice to know he cares

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Maybe we an ask John which is worse: A Vietnamese tiger cage or SportsJournalists.com on a dark, lonely night.

6. writing irish

So when was the last time a presidential candidate used something besides red and blue or blue and white for his/her campaign color(s)?

I'm thinking Carter in 1980: green and white. Didn't work. Of course, the hostage crisis probably screwed him worse than his use of green.

7. writing irish

By the way, just for the record, I respect McCain's military service. His political career, no.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That kinda like the Dallas Mavericks green and white in your avatar?

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Hey McCain is a bad ass! He can walk through an Iraqi neighborhood and nobody messes with him.

10. Carter used green and white in '76, too.
    Worked then.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I'll take a Newcastle, McCain.

12. writing irish

I was too young to remember Carter's wearin' o' the green in 76. Really, I don't think there's any significance to a candidate's campaign colors.

As for the Mavs, they switched from having green road unis to blue ones right in the midst of their early 90s gotterdammerung. Didn't help.

Draft saved Draft deleted