1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John McCain Names 6 GOP Veepstakes Finalists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

You're right. It's much better to make up lies about the patriotism of your opponent.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Then the GOP might as well run ads demanding to know why Barack Obama believes that a magical Jew died for his sins. If you don't believe in a particular religion, it all sounds pretty crazy. I'm a Christian and sometimes I even step back at marvel at what I believe on faith. The only difference between Mormanism and Protestants/Catholics/Muslims/Hindu/Buddhists is that the latter religions have the benefit of time.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

No, instead they spread e-mails about the "Muslim" background of Obama. Not sure how that is any better. In fact, you could argue that demonizing a religion is a lot worse than mocking it.

And honestly, you arguing that any other party is intolerant is laughable on its face. You're actually a decent person, PDB, but your party has made intolerance and wedge politics its bread and butter for 40 years. Trying to play "I know you are, but what am I?" doesn't pass the smell test.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Jindal/Huckabee > Romney. Mitt's embarassing.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not a huge Mitt supporter, but he doesn't scare me. Jindal and Huckabee definitely scare me.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Jason Giambi is a vice presidential candidate?

Draft saved Draft deleted