1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Madden retiring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Apr 16, 2009.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Brookshire uttered some really stupid shit. Like when Mean Joe Greene was arguing a call with a referee...he said something like what (said official) should know about being approached by a cranky Mean Joe Greene is that you explain very softly and kindly why you called what you did. Let's all hope Mean Joe is happy with the explanation.

It's almost as bad as Gary Bender's "I'm surprised down 7-0 early that they just didn't give up."

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I agree. If you bury the story of Jim McKay's and Bill Walsh's deaths on an inside page, what logic would you have to put a talking head's retirement on a cover, unless it's a terribly slow news day? The guy is a legit hall of famer, but hasn't coached in 30 years.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Who buried Bill Walsh on an inside page? We're in Cali -- had to blow up our front that night.

And who gives a shit if he hasn't coached in 30 years? Madden's much more famous as an announcer than he was as a coach.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can't believe ESPN is still airing the Madden Nation show, I don't hold it against Coach Madden, but these guys are the biggest tools, it's like And 1 meets Revenge of the Nerds.

Draft saved Draft deleted