1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Kerry supports the troops

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Oct 31, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The context is as much the situation as anything else.

It's much ado about nothing. But as I said, the Repubicans are desparate to find anything to stop their death spiral, so this is the next best thing.

They tried Fox. Didn't work.

Now they're back at Kerry.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Explain this, please.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Fixed.

I really need to proof more often.

thanks duane.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The truth is, whether Kerry thinks the troops are a bunch of drooling morons or not, he advocates a departure from the Bush policy of getting them killed at a high rate in an unjust war. If I were a troop, I would choose that over being glorified before and after that roadside bomb blew my leg off. Bush thinks the Bible beaters are "nuts" and they still vote for him.

5. Nor did I say you did. I thought it was an opportunity to open another line of discussion. I'll see if I can find a link to the story I referred to.
    But, first, it seems that, when it comes to "mocking the troops," Kerry's got a lot to learn from this guy.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What was said before and after that "took it out of context"?

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Maybe the fact that it was a joke about the president, since everything that came before it was a joke about the president?

8. poindexter

Again, nobody questions the amount of fuck-ups that Bush has had. Bush is a moron. This thread isn't about Bush. It's about John Kerry. Not Bush. John Kerry.

Bush has had a million fuckups and close to a million threads have been started. And there should have been. This particular thread isn't about the billion times that Bush has stuck his foot in his mouth. This is about John Kerry. Not Bush. John Kerry.

9. poindexter

Except that makes no sense, since Bush got an Ivy League education.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Bush went to Yale because of the Bush name. That's about it.

There is not now nor has there been any empirical evidence that he received an "education" there.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When did demonstrating become "mocking"? Just out of curiosity.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Reporting for Duty

Draft saved Draft deleted