1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Kerry supports the troops

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the Fox interview with Diane Sawyer where he admitted he has stopped taking his meds prior to doing ads in the past?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

After reading 3 pages of this thread, I do have one question...

Where the fuck was this guy two years ago?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Dog, it's OK.

Ths is from a guy who confuses "calling things by their right name" with "semantics'.

"Holy shit, look at that huge cow"

"Tony, that's a dog, not a cow".

"Semantics, semantics. Picky shit."

"Hey, and don't argue with me. I've covered he World Series, the SuperBowl and U.S Opens. I always wanted to be a journalist and now I ARE one".

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not standing up for his beliefs, apparently, mark.

But honestly, what would be different now, had he been elected?

5. For about the 10th time, where was this guy two years ago?
    I've got an offer for Tony Snow: Why not ask Kerry to apologize to relatives of W, Rummy, Cheney and Snow serving in Iraq? Oh, that's right, there aren't any.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

So help me out here: What's worse?

1. A guy who was close to becoming commander in chief saying what Kerry is alleged to have?

2. Or the guy who actually is commander in chief joking about not being able to find WMD -- you know, the supposed reason he sent U.S. soliders off to kill and be killed -- under the desk and rug in the Oval Office, while the shit-for-brains Washington press corps laughed right along.

Considering the play story No. 1 has already gotten, I think we know where the liberal media stands.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Out of context isn't even the excuse Kerry is making for this. If you are going to defend the guy, at least get it right. Where did you come up with "out of context"? Is that a prior Kerry excuse? Do you have a link to it?

8. poindexter

Dude, this thread isn't about Bush. Bush is a fuck-up to the Nth power. I've never said anything else. This thread is about Kerry's fuck-up. John Kerry's. Not Bush's. Bush has a million fuck-ups and you can start a million different threads on them. This thread is about Kerry. Not Bush.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Did I say Kerry was making an excuse?

I said it was taken out of context. \

The context is:the place and time.

He was speaking off handedly to a bunch of students and this was Kerry's attempt at a joke. A bad joke but anybody who's trying to say he was "disparaging" American soldiers, given the context, is grasping for straws.

But given the state of Fredo's Party and His Band of Thugs, Liars and Cheats, it's understandable.

But keep up the good work Poin At least it's a much needed break from your daily anti-Muslim posts.

10. poindexter

If you say that it was taken out of context, then you are wrong.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Source, please.

12. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

JR's transposition of "joke" and "crack" still works splendidly in this case.

Draft saved Draft deleted